Controlling Your Printing Cost
The Count™ for Prints
Many professional firms and business organizations have misunderstood why job cost recovery technology applies to non-profit and for-profit operations. Most executives, if they have thought about it at all, think it’s only helpful to law firms that charge separately for telephone calls, faxes, and copies. But this technology helps improve all operations in your business. The data it compiles provides business intelligence, identifying who used what equipment at what time for how long and for what projects. It helps purchasing cost accounting for print management by selecting the appropriate model; it helps operations know the proper location; it helps management control profits.
Lex Systems recently introduced "The Count™" for Prints. It is an automated cost accounting software system that has the ability to track usage of all the printers within your firm or company. In addition, The Count™ incorporates "Unique Pricing" and "least cost routing" capabilities.
- The Count™ for Prints works with both network and standalone printers. It doesn’t just track the paper usage by client and user. You can control access and route jobs to specific printers. This print management capability enables you to optimize print volumes and reduce costs. For example, you can route jobs to designated printers depending on their nature, number of pages, draft or final version, type of paper, cost center, project, user, and the many other factors that affect proper pricing of each job.
- Whether you charge for prints or incorporate the data into your underlying charges, The Count™ for Prints includes a pricing table for assigning a value to each print job according to your management’s policies The Count™ for Prints can keep your staff apprised of their printer usage so that they print cost-effectively.
- Until recently employees would print a document and then take that copy to a print center or a convenience copier to make the additional copies required. The photocopies were less expensive than the printed copies. The popularity of desktop printers has increased printed pages and decreased photocopies
- By auditing access to printers and multi-function machines through print management your staff will be encouraged to use the least expensive equipment while at the same time accounting for all print jobs. The Count™ for Prints will thus reduce paper usage, developer, toner and transfer costs, making printing more cost effective..
Other Notable Features
- In addition to The Count™ for Prints, Lex Systems also offers The Count™ for Copies™, The Count for Faxes™, and Time & Charges™ for Telephone Systems. All modules consist of business accounting software that operates on most all computers. There’s no proprietary hardware to license or purchase.
- The Count™ systems will integrate with your own proprietary management information systems, minimizing any need to export validation data. All transaction data remains on your own server. Anyone can learn how to use this administrative tool; you do not need to be an IT professional. Lex Systems provides unlimited support to help your staff audit management contracts, training, and upgrading new equipment at no additional cost if you need help.
What you should know about The Count™!!
Lex Systems charges an annual license fee for The Count™ based upon your systems "counts" .We design your system to capture what you wish. If Lex System does not increase accountability you will "owe" Lex Systems "nothing"!
Print Management & Cost Recovery Solutions | Reduce Printing Costs | Improve Document Workflow | Ensure Document Privacy